A large capacity (3970 cubic inches) for business or adventure travelers, the Deuter Transit 65 is equal parts backpack and luggage. A zip-off front pocket even serves double-duty as a streamlined carry-on or daypack.
The pack is equipped with a fully-functional backpack suspension system. An aluminum X-frame offers structural support and load-hauling capability while a padded backpanel, shoulder straps, and an adjustable hipbelt deliver fit and increased stability. The height of the shoulder straps can be easily adjusted to accommodate torsos ranging from 15"-22" in length. Load-lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further allow you to dial in fit. The entire suspension system stows safely behind a zippered panel to make the pack easier to check and ensures that when you retrieve it, the suspension is still in one piece! An adjustable strap is also included that allows you to carry the Transit 65 as an over-the-shoulder bag. Top and side handles make it easy to retrieve the pack from luggage carousels.
The large main compartment has ample room for clothes and other gear. The front panel opens similarly to standard luggage, providing wide-open access to the interior. There is also a separate, lower access point that is ideal for stowing shoes or a sleeping bag. There are multiple internal storage pockets to aid in the organization of clothes and gear and internal compression straps safely secure contents. A large front pocket further aids in organization and can be removed entirely to be used as a small carry-on bag or to serve as a daypack once you've reached your destination. It has its own integrated shoulder straps and a small zippered valuables pocket in addition to its main compartment.
Note that the Deuter Transit 65's full measurements are 27" x 13" x 11", so it is not suitable for carry-on use.
- Aircontact backsystem with breathable padding made of open cell hollow chamber foam and an anatomic X-frame of aluminum stays
- Vari Quick adjustable back length
- S-shaped shoulder harness of ergonomically shaped padding with a soft edge and airy 3D mesh lining
- Load adjustment straps at shoulders
- Concealable shoulder harness and hipbelt
- Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip fins of dual density foam custom fit by adjusting to each wearer for load stability
- Load adjustment straps on the hip fins allow for precision load control
- Pull-Forward construction makes the hip belt easy to fasten and tighten even with heavier loads
- Full frontal panel opening provides easy access to the entire pack
- Internal luggage stabilizing straps
- Padded removable carry strap
- Small zippered stash pocket on front
- Separate bottom compartment with zippered divider
- Detachable daypack with padded back
- internal organizer pocket and detachable key clip
- Velcro closure compartment on bottom to store harness cover
- Height and width adjustable chest strap
- Two padded grab handles on top and side
- Limited lifetime warranty
Best Use Travel Access Panel Loading w/ Lowered Zippered Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 3661 cu in Type Travel Pack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Material PES 600, Dynajin 210 Item Weight 5 lbs 5 oz Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso 15" - 22" Dimensions 27" x 13" x 10" Detachable Daypack Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- Awesome product
Likes: The quality is great
Dislikes: Just one Color of the model transit
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »