An ideal option for domestic carry-on use, the Deuter Transit 40 travel pack has a number of great organizational features and a fully-functional suspension system that hides away behind a protective rear panel.
A U-shaped Delrin frame, a foam framesheet, and cushioned backpanel offer structural support and a close-hugging fit. Padded shoulder straps and an adjustable hipbelt enhance fit and increase stability. Load-lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further allow you to dial in fit. The entire suspension system stows safely behind a zippered panel to make the pack easier to check and ensures that when you retrieve it, the suspension is still in one piece! An adjustable strap is also included that allows you to carry the Transit 40 as an over-the-shoulder bag. Top and side handles make it easy to retrieve the pack from luggage carousels.
The large main compartment has ample room for clothes and other gear. The front panel opens similarly to standard luggage, providing wide-open access to the interior. There is also a separate, lower access point that is ideal for stowing shoes or even a sleeping bag. There are multiple internal storage pockets to aid in the organization of clothes and gear and internal compression straps safely secure contents. A large front pocket has internal organizational features and there is an additional small zippered valuables pocket on the front of the pack.
Note that the Deuter Transit 40's full measurements are 22" x 13" x 9", so it carry-on approved for most domestic flights. Consider touching base with the airline ahead of time to confirm current requirements.
- S-shaped shoulder harness of ergonomically shaped padding with a soft edge and airy 3D mesh lining
- Concealable shoulder harness and hipbelt
- Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip fins of dual density foam custom fit by adjusting to each wearer for load stability
- Load adjustment straps on the hip fins allow for precision load control
- Full frontal panel opening provides easy access to the entire pack
- Carry-on sized
- Internal luggage stabilizing straps
- Padded removable carry strap
- One side zipped pocket and one side stretch pocket
- Large zippered front patch pocket with organizer and key clip
- Small zippered stash pocket on front
- Separate bottom compartment with zippered divider
- Velcro closure compartment on bottom to store harness cover
- Additional padded laptop slot compartment accessible through zip on top (fits up to 17.3")
- Height and width adjustable chest strap
- Two padded grab handles on top and side
- Limited lifetime warranty
Best Use Travel Access Panel Loading Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 2440 cu in Type Travel Pack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Material PES 600, Dynajin 210 Item Weight 4 lbs 2 oz Frame Material Delrin Fits Torso 15" - 19" Dimensions 22" x 13" x 9.8" Detachable Daypack n/a
Real Customer Reviews
- Fantastic execution of design
Likes: Very well built, beefy YKK zippers, suspension system is well done and stows away easily. The bottom compartment that has the flexibility to use part of the main compartment or a separate compartment is a nice touch. My 15" MacBook Pro fits easily in the lap top compartment, is well padded and suspended. The outside pocket easily fits chargers, an iPad, iPod, pens etc. Sized to maximum carry on dimensions which is great.
Dislikes: Wouldn't mind a couple of smaller outside pockets on the sides and some loops to attach things to. But not a big deal.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »