Employing a "trampoline" style suspension system, the top-loading Deuter Futura 34 EL pack is ideal for dayhikers looking for organizational features and versatile performance. Its "extended length" makes it ideal for hikers with longer torso lengths.
The pack's Aircomfort Sensic System consists of a mesh net strung across a flexible steel spring frame to provide lightweight stability while standing away from your back to allow for the cooling effect of air circulation. Note that the torso length is not adjustable, but comfortably fits 16"-20" torsos. Cushioned columns along the sides of the backpanel increase both comfort and stability. Padded shoulder straps and lateral panels add even more cushioning and load-lifter straps, a padded and adjustable hibpelt, and an adjustable sternum strap help to enhance overall fit.
The main compartment has top loading access and a lower front-access compartment allows you to separate and organize gear. A protective lid has internal storage and attachment rings for lashing gear externally. A large front stretch pocket keeps discarded layers or other gear close at hand. Other features include side compression straps, zippered hipbelt pockets, trekking pole loops, and an integrated rain cover for protecting the pack against the elements. Two side stretch pockets stow water bottles or other gear and a lined internal pocket and a built-in tube exit point make the pack hydration system compatible (system sold separately).
The Deuter Futura 34 EL backpack is available in your choice of color options.
- Aircomfort Sensic backsystem of airy mesh tensioned on a flexible spring steel frame creates maximum ventilation
- Fit for taller individuals, featuring an extended back length of 2-4 inches compared to average length packs
- ActiveFit pivoting S-shaped shoulder harness
- Load adjustment straps at shoulders
- Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip fins of dual density foam custom fit by adjusting to each wearer for load stability
- Lumbar pads with three-dimensional modeling analogous with the shape of the hips
- Pull-Forward construction makes the hip belt easy to fasten and tighten even with heavier loads
- Dual zippered pockets on hipbelt
- Easy finger pull loops on zippers
- Top lid attachment loops
- Hiking pole attachment loops
- Side compression straps for regulating pack volume
- External lid pocket
- Valuables pocket on lid interior
- Stretch side water bottle pockets
- Large front stretch pocket
- Separate bottom compartment with zippered divider
- Height and width adjustable chest strap
- Integrated detachable rain cover with reflector logo
- Hydration system compatible
- SOS Label
- Limited lifetime warranty
Best Use Hiking Access Top Loading w/ Lower Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 2074 cu in Type Day Pack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Material Dynajin 210, PES 600 Item Weight 3 lbs 6 oz Torso Adjustment n/a Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Spring Steel Fits Torso 20" - 24" Dimensions 28.4" x 11" x 8.7" Detachable Daypack n/a Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »