The Deuter Futura 26 SL Women's daypack employs a "trampoline" style suspension system and a number of streamlined features to offer crossover performance from city streets to the trail.
As women's backs are not, on average, as long as men's, the SL carry system is slightly shorter than that of Deuter's standard backpacks. The hipbelt fins have been given a more conical shape to provide a proper anatomical fit. The shoulder straps have been set closer together, are narrower and shorter in length, and have smaller buckles and narrower tapered strap ends to prevent chafing under the arms and eliminate pressure points in the chest area.
The pack's Aircomfort Sensic System consists of a mesh net strung across a flexible steel spring frame to provide lightweight stability while standing away from your back to allow for the cooling effect of air circulation. Note that the torso length is not adjustable, but comfortably fits 14"-18" torsos. Cushioned columns along the sides of the backpanel increase both comfort and stability. Padded shoulder straps and lateral panels add even more cushioning and load-lifter straps, a webbed hibpelt, and an adjustable sternum strap help to enhance overall fit.
The main compartment has panel loading access. A large front stretch pocket keeps discarded layers or other gear close at hand. Other features include side compression straps, trekking pole loops, and an integrated rain cover for protecting the pack against the elements. Two side stretch pockets stow water bottles or other gear and a lined internal pocket and a built-in tube exit point make the pack hydration system compatible (system sold separately).
The Deuter Futura 26 SL Women's pack is available in your choice of color options.
- Aircomfort Sensic backsystem of airy mesh tensioned on a flexible spring steel frame creates maximum ventilation
- Women's specific fit
- ActiveFit pivoting S-shaped shoulder harness
- Load adjustment straps at shoulders
- Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip fins of dual density foam custom fit by adjusting to each wearer for load stability
- Lumbar pads with three-dimensional modeling analogous with the shape of the hips
- Pull-Forward construction makes the hip belt easy to fasten and tighten even with heavier loads
- Dual zippered pockets on hipbelt
- Easy finger pull loops on zippers
- Hiking pole attachment loops
- Side compression straps for regulating pack volume
- Stretch side water bottle pockets
- Large front stretch pocket
- Height and width adjustable chest strap
- Integrated detachable rain cover with reflector logo
- Hydration system compatible
- SOS Label
- Limited lifetime warranty
Best Use Hiking Access Panel Loading Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 1586 cu in Type Day Pack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Material Dynajin 210, PES 600 Item Weight 2 lbs 12 oz Torso Adjustment n/a Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Spring Steel Fits Torso 14" - 18" Dimensions 21.2" x 11" x 7.9" Detachable Daypack n/a Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- A comfortable, versatile pack - love it
Likes: I did a lot of research on daypacks before purchasing this one - it has all the bells and whistles of a bigger pack - sturdy hip-belt with pockets, trampoline mesh back, comfy straps, trekking pole loops, rain cover, and more - but is still super light. I love the women's fit, especially in the shoulders
Dislikes: It has a hard frame internally, which means the pack buckles a little when empty and you have to kind of cram things down into it at first -- but this is minor compared with all the other beneficial features, and the frame means it also stands up on its own, which is helpful.
- Wonderfully designed pack
Likes: Organized pockets, rain cover, abiity to attach trekking poles, all of the features.
Dislikes: Size too big, unfit for torso size 13-13_1/2, that's why it got a 4 star.The top went up behind my head to where I couldn't have enough flexible movement due to size being too big.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »