Delivering "adult" performance in a size appropriate for young backpackers, the Deuter Fox 30 Youth internal frame pack is built for long day hikes or overnight trips.
The pack utilizes Deuter's Alpine Back System. Comprised of two vertical padded foam strips and an internal framesheet, the suspension offers stability and comfort while providing a "chimney" at the spinal column for ventilation. Anatomically contoured shoulder straps enhance flexibility, comfort and precision fit. Further enhancing fit and allowing for the growth of young backpackers, Deuter's Vari-Quick harness system adjusts easily to accommodate torsos ranging from 10"-17" in length. Ventilated pads in the back, shoulder straps and hipbelt help to keep you cool and comfortable on your adventures. Load-lifter straps and a sternum strap work in tandem with the shoulder and lumbar padding to effectively distribute weight throughout the pack, further ensuring stability and comfort.
A top loading main compartment, a bottom entry compartment, and side bellows pockets allow for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. A zippered lid pocket and elastic side pockets provide additional places to store and organize gear.
Other special features include an ice axe loop, trekking pole loops, daisy chain gear attachment points, and a sternum strap buckle that doubles as a safety whistle. A lined sleeve in the main compartment and built-in tube exit points combine to make the pack hydration system compatible (system sold separately).
The Deuter Fox 30 Youth is available in your choice of color options.
- Slim and flexible backsystem with two body-hugging soft stripe pads with a channel between for "chimney" effect ventilation and reinforced back panel
- Vari Quick adjustable back length
- S-shaped shoulder harness of ergonomically shaped padding with a soft edge and airy 3D mesh lining
- Load adjustment straps at shoulders
- Compact and supple hip fins provide a snug fit and even weight transfer to the hips
- Load adjustment straps on the hip fins allow for precision load control
- Extra gear loops on hipbelt
- Top lid attachment loops
- Two daisy chains
- Ice tool and hiking pole attachment loops
- Side compression straps for regulating pack volume
- Side bellow pockets
- External lid pocket
- Valuables pocket on lid interior
- Stretch side water bottle pockets
- Height and width adjustable chest strap with signal whistle
- Hydration system compatible
- Double buckle lid closure
- Drawstring closing
- top loading
- Additional access to main compartment via zippered bottom opening
- Reinforced base
- Grab loop
- Key clip
- Limited lifetime warranty
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top Loading w/ Bottom Compartment Access Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 1850 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Material 210 Baby Rip/Bright RS, PES 600 Item Weight 2 lbs 11 oz Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Fits Torso 10" - 17" Dimensions 23.6" x 9.5" x 8.7"
Real Customer Reviews
- Great little backpack for small people - It will be great for kids, not very great for petite women like me since the capacity is low and no straps at the bottom/top for sleeping pad/bag.
Likes: *Adjustable torso - fits petite women
*Great cushioning and stability
*Compact and Light weight
*Loads of functional pockets
*Adult like back pack in kids size
Dislikes: *Zipper at the bottom is not very smooth
*Adjusting the torso length is time consuming and took some effort
*No straps at the bottom/top for sleeping pad/bag
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »