The innovative Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 3 mtnGLO tent combines ultra-lightweight construction roomy livability and built-in LED lighting making it a feature-rich option for 3-season backpacking.
Stretching a full 90" in length the interior of the Copper Spur UL 3 mtnGLO tent is 70" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 44" at the feet. With 44 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 3 pounds 12 ounces the tent offers space for 3 or more than ample room for two hikers. Dual vestibules offer a combined 18 square feet of additional weather-protected external storage space. Four interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately). The tent is also compatible with the Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and the Powercase/Loft with Joey T55 (also sold separately).
Offering enough light to effectively illuminate the interior of the tent patent-pending mtnGLO technology integrates a strand of LED lights directly into the tent seams. Durable and flexible the strand holds up to the wear of pitching and tearing down. A simple push-button controller allows you to toggle through on off and 50% brightness settings. The light is powered by 3 AAA batteries (not included) but can also be lit by any USB power source.
The Copper Spur UL 3 mtnGLO tent’s DAC Featherlite NSL & NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated DAC Twist Clips to make setting up the Copper Spur UL 3 fast easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative DAC H Clip attachment pulling the tent body taut increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Copper Spur UL 3 mtnGLO tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Copper Spur UL 3 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 3 pounds 1 ounce. Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible eight superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
- Features the mtnGLO tent lighting system to illuminate the tent with durable LED lights
- Simple push button controller sets the lights to on, off, or 50% brightness
- LED light strand integrated into tent seams and is durable and flexible enough to withstand repeated tent pitching and stuffing
- The mtnGLO light controller is powered by three AAA batteries (not included)
- Two doors and two vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Steep wall construction and cross over pole improve tent interior's living space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NSL and NFL pole system with lightweight hubs
- DAC H Clip attaches tent body to cross pole
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to the pole frame
- Hub pole design
- 8 Superlight aluminum J stakes
- Eight interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Wall gear loft, sold separately
- Compatible with Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and PowerCase/Loft, sold separately
Best Use Backpacking Average Min Weight 3 lb 12 oz Average Packed Weight 4 lb 2 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 9 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 3 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Featherlite NSL + NFL Aluminum Packed Size 6.5" x 21.5" Number of Poles 2 Hubbed Interior Storage 4 storage pockets; 2 media pockets Interior Height 44" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 90" x 70" Floor Area 44 sq ft Clips or Sleeves Clips
- Love this tent!
Likes: I have finally found a 3 person tent that I really enjoy. This tent is east to set up, hasn't leaked in the rain and breathes pretty well. I share this tent with my wife and our two dogs. With our packs and the dogs in the tent we never felt cramped. The lights are nice but aren't very bright and we didn't use them much. The additional weight of the lights is really in the controller though and it is easy to disconnect and leave behind.
Dislikes: I have never been a fan of tent doors that open with the door flap at the bottom. The cost is also pretty high, I waited for a sale.
- light and more room.
Likes: just receive the tent and we used it for a 5 days camping in Adirondac mountains new York , it's a very light tent and the space is very good. the Mountain glou lights is very usefull and helpful .
I am very happy on my purchase , since I just got the ten
Dislikes: very expensive tent but its worth it, it doesn't come with a foot print and the foot print also is expensive. hope maybe in the future models it come with foot prints.