The innovative Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 2 mtnGLO tent combines ultra-lightweight construction roomy livability and built-in LED lighting making it a feature-rich option for 3-season backpacking.
Stretching a full 90" in length the interior of the Copper Spur UL 2 mtnGLO tent is 52" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 42" at the feet. With 29 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 2 pounds 14 ounces the tent offers space for 2 or more than ample room for solo hikers. Dual vestibules offer a combined 18 square feet of additional weather-protected external storage space. Four interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately). The tent is also compatible with the Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and the Powercase/Loft with Joey T55 (also sold separately).
Offering enough light to effectively illuminate the interior of the tent patent-pending mtnGLO technology integrates a strand of LED lights directly into the tent seams. Durable and flexible the strand holds up to the wear of pitching and tearing down. A simple push-button controller allows you to toggle through on off and 50% brightness settings. The light is powered by 3 AAA batteries (not included) but can also be lit by any USB power source.
The Copper Spur UL 2 mtnGLO tent's DAC Featherlite NSL & NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated DAC Twist Clips to make setting up the Copper Spur UL 2 fast easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative DAC H Clip attachment pulling the tent body taut increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Copper Spur UL 2 mtnGLO tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Copper Spur UL 2 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 2 pounds 3 ounces. Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible eight superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
- Features the mtnGLO tent lighting system to illuminate the tent with durable LED lights
- Simple push button controller sets the lights to on, off, or 50% brightness
- LED light strand integrated into tent seams and is durable and flexible enough to withstand repeated tent pitching and stuffing
- The mtnGLO light controller is powered by three AAA batteries (not included)
- Two doors and two vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Steep wall construction and cross over pole improve tent interior's living space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NSL and NFL pole system with lightweight hubs
- DAC H Clip attaches tent body to cross pole
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to the pole frame
- Hub pole design
- 8 Superlight aluminum J stakes
- Four interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Big Agnes Wall gear loft, sold separately
- Compatible with Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and PowerCase/Loft, sold separately
Best Use Backpacking Average Min Weight 2 lb 14 oz Average Packed Weight 3 lb 4 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 9 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 2 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Featherlite NSL + NFL Aluminum Packed Size 5.5" x 17.5" Number of Poles 2 Hubbed Interior Storage 4 storage pockets; 2 media pockets Interior Height 42" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 90" x 52" (at widest point) Floor Area 29 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips
- Good All Around Option
Likes: I purchased this tent for my husband and I to do weekend trips. The overall weight is great for the size of the tent. Lots of nice mesh for ventilation and lots of internal pockets to stow all the little items you want have on hand. The size is good for the two of us (I'm 5'6 and he is right at 6 foot, both of us have a medium build), but it might feel a little cramped for two tall women or men sharing the space. I find the lights to be a nice feature. As other reviewers mention, it really is more of a glow per the name than a very bright light. I found the glow very useful though - perfect amount for settling in to the tent, flipping on to find something without waking the other person in the tent and blinding yourself in the process, etc. I used it both with the included remote control and plugged in to a portable phone charger. Both worked just fine. Tent set up was very easy - all color coded and intuitive and only requires one person.
Dislikes: Not very critical, but I don't love how the door collapses against the floor when unzipped. It feels like wet weather/dirt might seep in but I have not yet camped in the rain to fully judge.
- The perfect backpacking tent!
LEDs that allow you to leave your headlamp at home
Easy to assemble
Easy to pack
Comfortable size for two folks
Dislikes: Not a dang thing.