Insulated with lightweight, compressible 750-fill European goose down, the hooded Rab Women's Microlight Alpine Jacket provides low-bulk warmth for everything from hiking to climbing to around town use. A hydrophobic treatment equips the insulation for all-weather performance.
The exterior of the jacket is constructed of ultra-lightweight Pertex Quantum fabric. Beneath that windproof, breathable shell fabric, 750-fill ethically-sourced goose down insulation delivers warmth without excessive bulk or weight. Unlike traditional down, the jacket's insulation has received a Nikwax treatment that helps it stay dry longer, dry faster if it should become wet, and, most importantly, continue to insulate even if it does become damp. An insulated, adjustable hood extends protective coverage and bolsters warmth. The hood has a built-in brim that has a bit of structure to ensure that you maintain a clean line of sight while fending off glare and precipitation.
Other features include an adjustable hem, elastic cuffs, an insulated baffle behind the full-length front zipper, a small zippered chest pocket, and two high-set hand pockets that allow access even if you're wearing a backpack or a harness. A stuff sack is also included so you can safely stow the jacket in your pack when not in use.
Available in an array of size and color options, the Rab Women's Microlight Alpine Jacket has a slim fit that is best worn over baselayers and low-profile midlayers.
- 15 oz (430g)
- Pertex Quantum outer fabric
- Pertex Quantum inner
- 750FP Ethically-Sourced European Goose Down (135g/5oz in Size 12)
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Micro stitch-through baffle construction
- Adjustable hood with laminated brim and flexible polymer peak
- Diverted hood baffle lines for an anatomical fit
- YKK reverse coil front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- 2 YKK reverse coil harness compatible hand pockets
- YKK reverse coil chest pocket
- Clean finish elasticated cuff construction
- Hem construction with dual drawcord adjustment
- Stuff sack
- Slim fit
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking, Climbing, Snow Sports Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Insulation Type Down Type Insulated Jacket Warranty Limited Lifetime Shell Material Pertex Quantum Nylon Hood Yes; Adjustable Insulation Material 750-fill Hydrophobic European Goose Down Number of Pockets 3 Fit Slim Other Stuff Sack Included
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »