The functional and fashionable Black Diamond Hollowpoint day pack is equally at home on the trail, at the crag or in urban environments. The clean profile looks great while granting free range of motion for your active day.
The functional and fashionable Black Diamond Hollowpoint daypack is equally at home on the trail, at the crag or in urban environments. The clean profile of the Hollowpoint looks great while granting you the free range of motion needed for your active day.
Contoured, padded shoulder straps provide a comfortable carry. An adjustable sternum strap and minimalist webbed waistbelt further enhance fit.
The single main compartment of the Hollowpoint has a zippered entry that opens wide to allow convenient front panel access to the 1220 cubic inch capacity packbag. A zippered front pocket provides an additional place to stow gear. A lined internal sleeve and integrated drinking tube exit port make the Hollowpoint hydration system (sold separately) compatible.
The Black Diamond Hollowpoint daypack is available in your choice of colors.
- 20mm (0.8") webbing hipbelt
- Zippered front panel opening
- Dedicated outer organizer pocket
- Compression straps
- Hydration compatible
Access Top Loading Recommended Use Day Hiking Warranty Lifetime Volume 1220 cu in Type Daypack Sternum Strap Yes Material 420D Nylon and 1260D Ballistic Nylon Item Weight 1 lb 10 oz Hydration Compatible Yes Fits Torso One Size (>16")
Likes: Small lightweight pack. Perfect size for my bicycle camping adventures. The pack rides at the correct height as to be comfortable on my back while I am in my riding stance.
Dislikes: I wouldn't mind seeing the back plate be a little sturdier. But to keep the pack at its current weight this would be difficult. So more of an observation the a critique.
Likes: What's NOT to like about this Product? The pros:
- It is Black Diamond. A reliable brand that makes durable equipment. No slacking here.
- Top loading. This isn't a large volume pack, so the top loading actually makes it easier to get what I want. This is meant for a day (or maybe for an ultalight/minimalist fanatic). Enough to put in a jacket, some lunch, a first aid kit and maybe a very small stove and a meal if you wanted to get a real backpacking feel.
-The front access pocket. Just enough pockets to organize what you need, but not so many that you can't find everything.
-The gear clips. Tough. Durable. Brilliant!
-The hydration pouch! This is by far the best.
Dislikes: The cons:
- I would have liked two additional loops made of webbing for poles or other dangling gear. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice.
-You can't go nuts stuffing this like most top loaders (it hinders the functionality of the front pocket).
-If you don't adjust it just right, it can sit a little funny and rest on the back of your head. It can be easily readjusted, though. It is slender, but taller - so thought to adjustment is key.
-No bungee system, but that's not really possible with the front pocket - you need to decide which is more important. I was skeptical, but this is wonderful. Will still keep packs on hand with bungee, but this is absolutely a fave!