The Big Agnes Van Camp SL 2 tent is an excellent balance of weight, livability, durability, and affordability. This combination makes the tent a great option for 3-season backpacking or camping.
Stretching a full 86" in length, the interior of the tent is 52" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 42" at the feet. With 28 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 4 pounds, 7 ounces, the tent can serve as a comfortable home for 2 backpackers or as a sprawling solo shelter. Dual vestibules offer 18 square feet (9 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while two internal media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for either the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft, Large Wall Gear Loft, or Large Trapezoid Gear Loft (all sold separately).
The tent’s aluminum poles are lightweight and durable. Press-fit connectors and clip construction make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof, pulling the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls, and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules. Lightweight aluminum hook stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
Mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourage cross ventilation and provide circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with waterproof polyurethane, the rip stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent's seams are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements. The Big Agnes Van Camp SL 2 Footprint (sold separately) can be used to further protect the tent floor from mud, ground water and sharp objects like rocks, exposed roots and pine needles.
- Camp in comfort and style whether on the road, on the trail, or in a campground
- Features two doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on vestibule zippers
- Pole architecture with wide cross pole creates a boxy interior with great livable sapce
- Steep walls create more usable floor space, while double doors allow for easy entry and exit
- Colored mesh and nylon provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- Color-coding simplifies tent pitching
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- One fly vent
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 5.5" x 19.5" Average Min Weight 4 lb, 7 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb, 2 oz Interior Height 41" Floor Area 28 sq ft Floor Dimension 86" x 52" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 9 sq ft Doors 2 Pole Type Aluminum Number of Poles 2 Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior Pockets
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »