The Big Agnes Tufly SL 2+ backpacking tent is the result of a collaborative effort on the part of a group of Big Agnes-employed female skiers, climbers, paddlers, mountain bikers, and outdoor adventurers. A portion of the sales of this tent are donated to SheJumps, a non-profit organization whose mission is to increase the participation of women and girls in outdoor activities.
The full dimensions of the tent are 88" x 70". With 43 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of 3 pounds, 14 ounces, it offers comfortable space for 3 but is lightweight enough to serve as a super spacious home for 2. Dual vestibules offer 24 square feet (12 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. One of the doors can even be pitched as an awning with trekking poles (sold separately). Six interior mesh pockets provide places to stash and organize gear and clothes while dedicated media pockets enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Large Trapezoid Gear Loft (sold separately).
DAC Pressfit aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make set up fast, easy, and intuitive. The tent's steep sidewalls help to maximize the spaciousness of the vestibules and create excellent elbow room inside the tent.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large side doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Integrated rainfly vents further enhance breathability. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop polyester floor and rip-stop nylon rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free (no PVC or VOCs) polyurethane tape to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you want to shave weight, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Tufly SL2+ Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs 3 pounds, 3 ounces. Twelve superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the pitch of the freestanding tent.
- Steep side wall architecture and symmetrical cross pole placement offers generous shoulder room and head height without adding weight
- Two doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on vestibule zippers
- Symmetrical design is easy and intuitive to pitch
- Vertical wall vestibule creates dry storage space
- Two vestibule door options; one single zip door and one double zip door designed to be set up as an awning using trekking poles
- Purposefully placed nylon and mesh offer privacy and great star gazing
- Storage pockets and a media pocket placed for tablet viewing
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Two fly vents
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guy lines and webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 6" x 22" Average Min Weight 4 lb, 3 oz Average Packed Weight 4 lb, 12 oz Interior Height 43" Floor Area 32 sq ft Floor Dimension 88" x 53" Vestibule Area 12 sq ft + 12 sq ft Doors 2 Pole Type DAC Pressfit Aluminum Number of Poles 1 hubbed Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage 6 Interior Pockets, 2 Media Pockets, and Gear Loft Loops (gear loft sold separately) Material Fly: Nylon ripstop w/1200mm PU
Floor: Polyester ripstop w/1200mm PU
Body: Nylon ripstop and polyester mesh
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »