Built especially for couples, the Big Agnes Sentinel 30 Degree Double-Wide sleeping bag is extra-roomy and extra-comfortable. Insulated with lightweight and compressible water-resistant 600 fill DownTek insulation, the bag packs down smaller than most double wide bags, making it an option for mild weather backpacking or for family and car camping.
The bag is insulated with 600 fill DownTek insulation. Down insulation has long been renowned for its compressible properties and efficiency in delivering an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The shortcoming of down has been its susceptibility to the effects of moisture, losing much of its performance qualities when wet or damp. DownTek insulation utilizes nano technology and a proprietary application process to provide water-repellency and both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial protection. A nylon rip-stop shell also features a water repellent treatment and provides lightweight durability.
Insotect Flow technology is used in the Sentinel 30 Degree Double-Wide bag to help eliminate cold spots, regulate the movement of down inside the baffles and offer better body heat distribution. Strategically placed Flow Gate construction eliminates lateral and vertical down shifting by using vertical chambers with "gates" to control the position and density of the down insulation.
In a traditional sleeping system, the bag lies on top of a sleeping pad. In this configuration, many people find themselves rolling off the pad at night. Plus, the insulation on the bottom of the bag is compressed by the sleeper's weight. Once compressed, the fill loses most of its insulating properties. The Big Agnes System is different, joining the bag and pad together. The pad slides into a sleeve on the bottom side of the bag, supplying insulation to the bottom of the bag while the top 2/3 of the bag is insulated like a traditional sleeping bag. This design provides a secure foundation so you can roll, twist and turn freely during the night without ever rolling off your pad. It also prevents the bag from twisting and engulfing you in an uncomfortable mess.
The Sentinel 30 Degree Double-Wide is designed to be used with any two 20"x72" Big Agnes rectangular sleeping pads (sold separately) or other branded pads with comparable dimensions.
A double wide insulated ergonomic hood, draft tubes located along the length of the dual zippers, a center no-draft flap and separate insulated neck yokes lock in heat and keep out cold air to enhance warmth and comfort.
The Big Agnes Sentinel 30 Degree Double-Wide fits to 6' 2" and includes a nylon stuff sack and mesh storage sack.
- Unique double wide design with improved pad sleeve combination provides a roomy sleeping space without adding bulk
- Use the top corner hand pockets to wrap the bag around your shoulders like you do with your comforter at home
- Designed for two people - Big Agnes Doublewide System bags eliminate the need to zip two bags together
- Rectangular shaped bag with integrated full pad sleeve design
- Lightweight mini rip-stop micro fiber for high performance and a soft feel
- Stretch fabric panels on the side of the pad sleeve accommodates pads of different thicknesses
- Integrated pad coupler can accept a double wide pad or two single pads side by side
- Free Range Hood design – gives you the freedom to lift your head while snuggled in the hood
- Low profile cordlock lets you un-cinch the hood with one hand
- Pillow Barn – keeps your pillow tucked in tight all night
- No-draft collar, No-draft wedge, No-draft zipper, No-draft center flap
- Double zippers allow entry from either side of bag and when unzipped allows top of bag to be used like a comforter
- x2 62” #8 YKK Zippers
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Exterior loops for hang drying or storage
- Mesh storage sack & nylon stuff sack
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Insulation Type Down Item Weight 3 lb, 9 oz Other Stuff Sack and Storage Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 9" x 20" (7" x 9" compressed size) Shell Material Polyester mini Ripstop Microfiber w/ DWR Liner Material Polyester Taffeta Fits to Length 6' 2" Fits to Girth 105" Fill Material 600 Fill DownTek Temperature Rating 30 Degrees F
Real Customer Reviews
- Recommend pairing with blanket.
Likes: Very comfortable, fits Big Agnes Q-CORE SLX DOUBLE-WIDE pad very well.
Dislikes: My partner and I are both on the smaller side (5'9", 5'2") and we found when we paired this pad with the Big Agnes double pad which stretches the bag out, this created a large air gap on one side which was very cold. We slept much better after we paired the bag with a Rumpl blanket which insulated us from the air gap.
- perfect for couples backcountry camping.
Likes: For a two person bag it is really light and warm. Actually lighter than our single bags and compresses well. Takes a little more room but still fits well in my 65 liter pack. Sleeping pads slip into sleeve so you cant twist yourself up in bag. Also considered the Nemo Tango Duo but liked the hood design of the Big Agnes better and the sale price made it easy to pull the trigger.
- We never slept this comfortably in the backcountry!
Likes: - Super comfortable and not too hot even on summer nights thanks to the full zippers on each side to open up the bag and use it as a comforter
- packs down to about the same size as my one person 30 degrees sleeping bag and is super light
- I would recommend getting the Big Agnes Q-Core SLX Double Wide sleeping pad since it fit perfectly into the sleeve of the sleeping bag and the pad is also super light, packs down small but is extremely comfortable
- Also, get the Big Agnes Pumphouse Ultra which I use as the compression stuff sack for the sleeping bag as well as a pump to fill the sleeping pad with air (also can be used as a dry sack and a camp shower)
Dislikes: - Might not be ideal for tall people like me (I am 6"3'). It works fine in the summer when you use the bag as a blanket but I tried using it as a cold weather bag and it's definitely a bit short for me and the hood that goes over your head is too tight on my head. But that's only if you stretch out straight, I usually sleep on my side while cuddling my wife so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »