The lightweight and versatile Big Agnes Scout Plus UL 2 is a trekking pole (poles not included) pitched tent built especially for backpackers. The 3-season tent features one door and one vestibule for gear storage.
Stretching a full 86" in length, the interior of the Scout Plus UL 2 is 54" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 42" at the feet. Providing 29 square feet of interior space, the Scout Plus UL 2 offers ample room for two backpackers and is lightweight enough to serve as an exceptionally roomy solo tent. An awning-style extension on the tent body provides weather protection and includes "eve" and rear vents featuring polyester mesh that maximize airflow to combat condensation build-up. Two integrated storage bins at the head of the tent provide places to stash gear and clothes while integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Triangle Gear Loft (sold separately).
NOTE: The Scout Plus UL 2 is not freestanding and does require trekking poles for setup; the front pole must be adjustable to 45" and the rear pole must be collapsible to 33". Integrated guyout points, obvious anchor points, and included reflective guylines and webbing do, however, make the Scout Plus UL 2 easier to erect than it may seem at first. Thirteen super-light aluminum J stakes are included to secure the pitch.
A large door provides convenient entry. The silicone-treated nylon rip-stop roof and floor deliver lightweight, durable, waterproof protection. All of the Scout Plus UL 2's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements. The Big Agnes Scout Plus UL 2 Footprint (sold separately) can be used to further protect the tent floor from mud, ground water and sharp objects like rocks, exposed roots and pine needles.
- Single wall tent with full eve and rear vent system to keep air circulating
- Cargo pockets built in at head of tent
- Features one door and one vestibule
- Reflective guy lines and webbing at tent corners and suggested anchor points
- Reinforced trekking pole pockets at front and back of tent
- Requires two trekking poles for set up (sold separately) or the Accessory Backpacking Tarp poles (also sold separately)
- Silicone treated nylon ripstop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Vents are polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- 13 superlight aluminum J stakes
- 2 cargo pockets
- Fits Triangle Gear loft (sold separately)
Best Use Backpacking Other Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 5.5" x 13" Average Min Weight 1 lb 12 oz Average Packed Weight 2 lbs 3 oz Interior Height 45" Floor Area 29 sq ft Floor Dimension 86" x 42" - 54" Vestibule Area 14 sq ft Doors 1 Pole Type n/a Number of Poles n/a Clips or Sleeves n/a Interior Storage Internal Storage Pockets Material Wall: Silicone Treated Nylon Ripstop and Polyester Mesh
Floor: Silicone Treated Nylon Ripstop with 1200mm Waterproof Polyuethane Coating
Fly: Silicone Treated Nylon Ripstop with 1200mm Waterproof Polyuethane Coating
Seam Sealed Taped Seams
Real Customer Reviews
- Good Simple Tent - with poor ventilation
Likes: - simple design, very elegant -- angle of the top ensures rain does not pool.
- sturdy, basic tent
- good amount of floor space
- great Vestibule
- Bathtub floor is good for rain protection
- good for simple shelter, but not very livable if that were needed.
Dislikes: - pole in the middle for getting in and out, person on the non zipper side is blocked at the exit.
- can sit up in the middle but not the sides, limited headroom if you were to ride out a storm inside
- ventilation is very poor -- all around mesh does help, but not much, angle of the roof does allow condensation to drip down the sides instead of on you, but this is a problem of all 1 walled tents.
- overall, good safe shelter, just not very livable. Getting in and out is tough.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »