Catering to ounce-counting backpackers and thru-hikers, the Big Agnes Pin Ears SL 20 Degree down sleeping bag utilizes an innovative zipperless design and the Big Agnes Sleep System to provide 3-season performance at a weight just over 2 pounds!
The bag is insulated with 650-fill DownTek insulation. Down insulation has long been renowned for its compressible properties and efficiency in delivering an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The shortcoming of down has been its susceptibility to the effects of moisture, losing much of its performance qualities when wet or damp. DownTek insulation utilizes nano technology and a proprietary application process to provide water-repellency and both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial protection. A nylon rip-stop shell further protects the insulation from moisture while providing lightweight durability.
In a traditional sleeping system, the bag lies on top of a sleeping pad. In this configuration, many people find themselves rolling off the pad at night. Plus, the insulation on the bottom of the bag is compressed by the sleeper's weight. Once compressed, the fill loses most of its insulating properties. The Big Agnes System is different, joining the bag and pad together. The pad (sold separately) slides into a sleeve on the bottom side of the bag, supplying insulation to the bottom of the bag while the top 2/3 of the bag is insulated like a traditional sleeping bag. This design provides a secure foundation so you can roll, twist and turn freely during the night without ever rolling off your pad. NOTE: Using the Pin Ears SL 20 Degree without a sleeping pad will not allow it to live up to its 20 degree temperature rating.
Vertically-structured side walls and diagonal baffles help to eliminate cold spots while keeping weight to a minimum. A unique “cocoon-style” design uses a clip-and-loop system at the top of the bag to provide entry without the need for a zipper. Combined with a tapered mummy cut, this feature also maximizes thermal efficiency. Other features include an insulated and contoured hood, a vaulted foot box, an anti-draft collar, and internal liner loops. p>
Available in Regular (fits to 6’ 0") and Long (6’ 6") lengths, each Big Agnes Boot Pin Ears SL 20 Degree sleeping bag includes a mesh storage sack and a nylon stuff sack.
- Cocoon style construction features easy to use clip and loop system eliminating the need for a zipper
- Oversized interior anti draft collar wraps around the entire body providing a 3D barrier against cold spots
- Vertically structured side walls integrating diagonal baffles trap heat closer to the body
- Vaulted foot box creates more wiggle room for your feet
- Integrated half pad sleeve with unique design keeps you securely attached to the pad from the hips up while allowing freedom of movement for your legs, more like a traditional mummy bag
- Superlight shell fabric with high tear strength
- DownTek water repellent down repels water while maintaining insulating value
- Low profile cordlock lets you un-cinch the hood with one hand
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Exterior loops for hang drying or storage
- Mesh storage sack & nylon stuff sack
Best Use Backpacking Insulation Type Down Item Weight Regular: 2 lb, 2 oz
Long: 2 lb, 5 oz
Other Storage Sack and Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size Regular: 8" x 17.5" (6" x 7" compressed)
Long: 8" x 17.5" (6" x 8.5" compressed)
Shell Material Nylon Ripstop w/ DWR Liner Material Nylon Taffeta Fits to Length Regular: 6' 0"
Long: 6' 6"
Fits to Girth Regular: 62"
Fill Material 650-fill DownTek Temperature Rating 20 Degrees F
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »