Employing DownTek insulation that combines the all-weather reliability of synthetics and the lightweight compressibility of down, the Big Agnes Men’s Fire Tower Belay Jacket delivers maximum warmth for cold weather activities. A fully insulated hood extends coverage and enhances warmth.
The jacket is insulated with water-resistant 700-fill DownTek insulation. Renowned for their efficiency in retaining heat and compressible properties, the feathers and fibers of down have an incredibly soft, comfortable feel and, despite advances in synthetic materials, continue to provide the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any insulation available. The one inherent weakness of down insulation is that it loses much of its ability to maintain warmth when it gets wet, but DownTek performs differently. Employing a unique, innovative polymer application, DownTek actually creates a hydrophobic finish on each individual plume of down. This treatment results in insulation that stays dry longer and dries faster than untreated down jackets, should it become wet. Perhaps most impressively, DownTek retains 98% of its loft, which translates into maintained warmth that untreated down jackets simply cannot achieve. Nylon ripstop shell fabric further protects the insulation while keeping weight to a minimum.
Further enhancing thermal efficiency, the jacket utilizes Insotect Flow technology to help eliminate cold spots, regulate the movement of down inside the baffles and offer better body heat distribution. Strategically placed Flow Gate construction eliminates lateral and vertical down shifting by using vertical chambers with "gates" to control the position and density of the down insulation.
Other features include a storm flap behind the two-way front zipper, drawcord hem adjustability, two zippered hand warmer pockets, and two large interior mesh pockets. A separate stuff sack is included.
The Big Agnes Men’s Fire Tower Belay Jacket is available in your choice of size and color options.
- Center front zipper includes interior no-draft flap and a zipper garage at chin
- Adjustable drawcord hood closure gives you added weather proofing
- Features YKK Vislon zippers
- Textured zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves
- Adjustable drawcord at hem seals out wind
- Stealth, no-draft thumb holes make layering easy and eliminate the gap between sleeve and glove
- Two zippered hand-warmer pockets with zipper garages
- Large interior mesh pockets for extra stash space
- Stuff sack included
- Fully baffled construction and integrated, baffled draft tube eliminate cold spots
- 700 Fill Power DownTek water repellent down
- Insotect Flow vertical baffles contour to your body to provide a more comfortable fit and keep you warmer
- Flow Gates eliminate down shifting to keep uniform insulation coverage
- Ultralight random rip-stop nylon shell is wind and water resistance with high tear strength and abrasion resistance
Best Use Backpacking, Climbing, Mountaineering, Snow Sports Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Insulation Type Down Type Insulated Jacket Warranty Limited Lifetime Shell Material Ripstop Nylon Hood Yes; Adjustable Insulation Material 700-Fill DownTek Number of Pockets 5 Fit Semi-Fitted Other Stuff Sack Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Jacket worked very well as a belay jacket for winter accent of Mt. Washington
Likes: Fit was very good; not too baggy
Very warm in single digit weather
Nice to have zipper that can open from top to bottom
Dislikes: Inside pockets could be a little bigger, but still good sized for gloves.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »