No Videos Available
The Big Agnes Jack Rabbit SL 3 tent is an excellent balance of weight, livability, durability and affordability. This combination makes the Jack Rabbit SL 3 a great option for 3-season backpacking or camping.
The internal dimensions of the Jack Rabbit SL 3 are 88" long by 70" wide. With 43 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 4 pounds, 8 ounces, the Jack Rabbit SL 3 can serve as a comfortable home for 3 hikers or as a sprawling shelter for 2. Dual vestibules offer 18 square feet (9 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Four interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while two internal media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately).
The Jack Rabbit SL 3's DAC Pressfit aluminum poles are lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setting up the Jack Rabbit SL 3 fast, easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent, pulling the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourage cross ventilation and provide circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Jack Rabbit SL 3's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you want to travel lighter, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Jack Rabbit SL 3 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 3 pounds, 13 ounces.
- Feature double doors and vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Reflective guyline and webbing on tent corners
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Quick Sash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door simple and easy
- Fly and floor are nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- Plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- DAC pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs
- Hub pole design
- 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes
- Four interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Wall gear loft sold separately
- Compatible with Entertainment Center loft
- bullet point
Recommended Use Super-Lightweight Backpacking Average Min Weight 4 lb 8 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb 2 oz Warranty Lifetime Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 9 sq ft (2 vestibules) Sleeping Capacity 3 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Pressfit Aluminum Packed Size 7" x 21" Number of Poles 2 Other Stuff Sack Included Material Tent Body: Polyester Mesh
Floor: Nylon Ripstop with 1200mm Waterproof Polyurethane Coating
Fly: Nylon Ripstop with 1200mm Waterproof Polyurethane Coating
Interior Storage Interior Mesh Pockets; Internal Media Pockets Interior Height 47" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 88" x 70" Floor Area 43 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips