The Big Agnes Foidel Canyon 3 tent is an excellent balance of livability durability and versatility. This combination makes the Foidel Canyon 3 a great option for 3-season backpacking or camping.
The Foidel Canyon 3 offers a full 92” length with a floor width that tapers from 73” to 63”. With 43 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 5 pounds 2 ounces the Foidel Canyon 3 can serve as a comfortable home for 3 backpackers or as an extremely spacious shelter for 2. Dual vestibules offer 20 square feet (10 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Six interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while two internal media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Included gear loft loops enable the addition of the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately).
The Foidel Canyon 3's DAC Pressfit aluminum poles are lightweight and durable. The DAC Pressfit pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated DAC Twist Clips to make setting up the Foidel Canyon 3 fast easy and intuitive.
Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Foidel Canyon 3's seams are seal-taped with waterproof solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you want to travel lighter leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Foidel Canyon 3 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style setup that weighs only 4 pounds 1 ounces.
Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible 12 super light aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding Big Agnes Foidel Canyon 3 tent. Oversized reinforced stake-out loops can also be used with alternative equipment such as ski poles ice axes etc. to secure your pitch.
- Two doors and two vestibules
- Doors have two closure options: Zip up mesh foor for ventilation or zip up nylon layer for full protection
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Symmetrical pole structure simplifies set up
- Reflective Dyneema guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Quick Stash on tent body makes stowing unzipped door simple and easy
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Fly and floor are nylon rip-stop with Dyneema
- Fly and floor have 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon rip-stop and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOC's)
- DAC pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to pole frame
- 12 lightweight aluminum J stakes
- Six interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear loft loops included
- Oversized, reinforced stake out loops to be used with skis, ice axe, ski poles, etc.
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Big Agnes Large Wall gear loft, sold separately
- Compatible with Big Agnes Entertainment Loft, sold separately
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Average Min Weight 5 lb 2 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb 10 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 10 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC aluminum pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs Packed Size 5.5" x 21" Other Stuff Sack Included Material Body: polyester rip-stop and polyester mesh
Floor: nylon with Dyneema rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof PU coating
Fly: nylon with Dyneema rip-stop rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof PU coating
Interior Storage Six interior mesh pockets
Two internal media pockets
Interior Height 43" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 92" x 73" Floor Area 43 sq ft Doors 3 Clips or Sleeves Clips
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »