Bringing an extra measure of livability to the freestanding, award-winning design of the Fly Creek tent, the Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2 has a modified architecture that creates greater internal space while still boasting a trail weight of just 2 pounds!
Tapered from the head to the foot of the tent, the interior of the Fly Creek HV UL 2 measures 52" at its widest point and stretches a full 86" in length. The 28 square feet of interior space provides ample room for 2 backpackers or serves as a roomy shelter for one. An integrated vestibule offers 7 square feet of additional weather-protected external storage space. High Volume pole architecture increases the verticality of the sidewalls and the door so that there is more elbow room and livable space inside the tent. Three interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Triangle Gear Loft (sold separately).
Ample mesh on the tent body and a large mesh door maximize cross ventilation and provide circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the silicone-treated rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Fly Creek HV UL 2's seams are sealed with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
Lightweight, collapsible DAC Featherlite NFL pre-bent poles provide the tent with freestanding structure. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setup fast, easy and intuitive.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Fly Creek HV UL 2 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 1 pound, 7 ounces!
- DAC Angle Hub, unique to Fly Creek HV tents, enables improved high volume pole architecture resulting in steeper wall angles
- High Volume pole architecture increases useable interior space without increasing weight
- Steeper walls and vestibule angle create a dry tent entry
- Vertical door construction adds more usable volume to the vestibule
- Single door and vestibule featuring storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Media pockets allow for direct ear bud cord routing from phones and other devices
- Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NFL pole system with Angled SF Hubs
- Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- Superlight aluminum J stakes
- Three interior mesh pockets
- Gear loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
Best Use Backpacking Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 4" x 19" Average Min Weight 1 lb, 15 oz Average Packed Weight 2 lb, 5 oz Interior Height 39" Floor Area 28 sq ft Floor Dimension 86" x 52" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 8 sq ft Doors 1 Pole Type DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum Number of Poles 1 hubbed Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior mesh pockets and gear loft loops (loft sold separately) Material Body: Nylon and Polyester Mesh
Floor and Fly: Silicone treated nylon rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- Great quality, lightweight tent
Likes: Easy set up and take down.
Worth the money
Dislikes: Tight for 2 adults. Perfect for 1 person.
This tent has to be staked out....not freestanding.
- Lightweight, a bit cramped...just what I was looking for
Likes: super lightweight while still maintaining two wall tent design
still enough room on the floor for TWO neolite mattresses. One is the Regular size and one is the Large. We do touch the sides a bit without the sides staked out but it's a backpacking tent and less internal room is expected.
Dislikes: Obviously more room would be nice, but the trade off for weight reduction is worth it.
- best ultralight for the money
Likes: super lightweight
tons of vestibule room
perfect for 1 person and their gear
Dislikes: does require 2 stakes to actually stake out the tent
not a 2 person tent, unless you and your 2nd are very small
- All of my research found this to be the lightest 2 person tent
Likes: Lightest high quality tent
2 person only a few ounces heavier than the one person.
Dislikes: Only drawback is it does require 2 stakes to stand on its own.
- Lightweight, but delicate.
- Really good purchase
Likes: The quality
The ease of setup, not field tested yet, but this is a light and easy solution!!
- Great Tent, super light
Likes: Very well designed tent, and extremely lightweight. You should spend the few extra bucks for the mountain glo (my Big Agnes camp tent has it) but I'm on a budget right now, and it does add a marginal amount of weight for an ultralight tent.
Dislikes: A little cramped for two bigger people like me (6'3, 200 lbs), might want to get the 3 person if this is your situation.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »