Built especially for backpackers determined to have the lightest freestanding shelter possible, the Big Agnes Fly Creek HV 2 Platinum tent weighs in at just 1 pound, 10 ounces! Streamlined dimensions and ultra-lightweight fabrics combine to shed any and all unnecessary weight.
The tent is 86" long. The width at the head is 52” and tapers to 42” at the feet. With 28 square feet of interior space, the Fly Creek HV 2 Platinum is a snug fit for 2 but it makes for a spacious, ultra-lightweight option for solo backpackers. A vestibule offers 7 square feet of additional weather-protected external storage space. Three interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Triangle Gear Loft (sold separately).
Ample mesh on the tent body and a large mesh door maximize cross ventilation and provide circulation to fight condensation build-up. The ultra-lightweight floor and rainfly have a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating to ensure protection for rain and moisture. All of the seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements. Because of the ultra-lightweight materials, use of the Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2 Footprint (sold separately) is highly advised to bolster the floor of the tent against rocks, roots, and moisture.
Lightweight, collapsible DAC Featherlite NFL poles provide the tent with freestanding structure and surprising livability for its streamlined dimentsions. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive.
When the weather is balmy and you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 1 pound, 0 ounces!
- The lightest, free-standing, Big Agnes double wall tent
- DAC Angle SF Hub allows for high volume pole architecture resulting in steeper walls
- High Volume architecture increases the usable interior space, and adds more usable volume to the vestibule
- Single door and vestibule featuring storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Side access vestibule provides dry front entry
- The vestibule's side zipper entry increases covered storage space
- All mesh body is great for star gazing and ventilation
- Colored mesh accentuates the Platinum's modern design
- Shape-holding corner construction gives the floor plan a boxier, roomier living space than before
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
Best Use Backpacking Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 4.5" x 15.5" Average Min Weight 1 lb, 10 oz Average Packed Weight 2 lb, 0 oz Interior Height 40" Floor Area 28 sq ft Floor Dimension 86" x 52" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 7 sq ft Doors 1 Pole Type DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum Number of Poles 1 hubbed Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior Pockets Material Body: Polyester Mesh
Fly and Floor: Silicone-treated Nylon Ripstop w/ 1200mm PU
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- Good So Far
Likes: Lightweight, Plenty of room, Easy setup.
Dislikes: None as of now.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »