Incorporating performance design with a focus on maximum livability, the Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 is a spacious, feature-rich offering for base camping or car camping. Rugged materials, weatherproof coatings and sturdy pole construction ensure that the Flying Diamond 8 provides 3+ season functionality for your group outings.
The Flying Diamond 8 consists of two rooms, a large main room and a smaller rear sleeping room. A partition between the two chambers can be stowed, converting the Flying Diamond 8 to a single enormous (112 sq ft) room. A huge front vestibule offers an additional 35 sq. ft. of weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets increase livability by stowing gear and freeing up floor space. Integrated interior loops offer connection points for up to two Big Agnes Trapezoid Gear Lofts (sold separately).
DAC Combi Lightweight aluminum poles provide rugged durability. The overlapping design grants reliable strength to the Flying Diamond 8. Color-coded webbing and buckles work in tandem with the tent body's integrated sleeves and clips to make it easy to set up the Flying Diamond 8. Aluminum X stakes are included to fully secure the tent and bolster strength in windy conditions. Reflective highlights in the guyline provide visibility when returning to the tent at night.
The Flying Diamond 8's tent body is constructed of breathable polyester rip-stop. Nylon mesh windows provide ventilation. A 1200mm waterproof PU coating on the Flying Diamond 8's polyester rip-stop rainfly helps to keep moisture from reaching the interior of the tent while integrated fly vents allow air to circulate. The mesh front and rear doors of the tents further enhance airflow and employ zippered storm flaps for weather protection and privacy. All of the Flying Diamond 8's seams are tape-sealed to further protect against the elements.
A custom-fit footprint (sold separately) can be used to further protect the floor of the Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 against moisture, rocks and exposed roots.
- DAC Combi Lightweight Aluminum poles with press fit connectors
- Color coded webbing and buckles make set up easy
- Fly is durable polyester rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Floor is durable polyester with 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is breathable polyester rip stop with nylon mesh windows
- Sleeves and plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame for quick and easy set up
- Tent may be separated into one large room and one smaller room with stowable partition between rooms
- One half of the partition wall may be attached to the floor using a toggle and loop to allow one side to be stowed for easy access and increased storage space
- Reflective guyline for nighttime visibility
- One large vestibule off main room and one access door off smaller, back room
- Both access doors have vertical zippers with storm flaps which may be staked out as a shade using trekking poles
- 10 mesh interior storage pockets
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC's) tape
- 20 superlight aluminum X stakes included
- Briefcase style carry bag with long shoulder straps and organizational pockets
- Gear loft loops included: Fits 2 Big Agnes Trapezoid Gear Lofts (sold separately)
- Footprint sold separately
Best Use Camping Average Min Weight 22 lb 6 oz Average Packed Weight 27 lb 12 oz Warranty Lifetime Vestibule Area 35 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 8 Seasons 4 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Combi Lightweight Aluminum Packed Size 8" x 16" x 27" Other Stuff Sack Included Material Walls: Polyester Rip-Stop with Nylon Mesh
Fly: Polyester Rip-Stop with 1200mm Waterproof PU Coating
Floor: Polyester with 1500mm Waterproof PU Coating
Interior Storage 10 Interior Storage Pockets Interior Height 72" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 175" x 115" (at widest point) Floor Area 112 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips and Sleeves