Incorporating performance design with a focus on maximum livability, the Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 is a spacious, feature-rich offering for base camping or car camping. Rugged materials, weatherproof coatings and sturdy pole construction ensure that the Flying Diamond 6 provides 3+ season functionality for your group outings.
The Flying Diamond 6 consists of two rooms, a large main room and a smaller rear sleeping room. A partition between the two chambers can be stowed, converting the Flying Diamond 6 to a single enormous (90.5 sq ft) room. A huge front vestibule offers an additional 26.5 sq. ft. of weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets increase livability by stowing gear and freeing up floor space. Integrated interior loops offer connection points for up to two Big Agnes Trapezoid Gear Lofts (sold separately).
DAC Combi Lightweight aluminum poles provide rugged durability. The overlapping design grants reliable strength to the Flying Diamond 6. Color-coded webbing and buckles work in tandem with the tent body's integrated sleeves and clips to make it easy to set up the Flying Diamond 6. Aluminum X stakes are included to fully secure the tent and bolster strength in windy conditions. Reflective highlights in the guyline provide visibility when returning to the tent at night.
The Flying Diamond 6's tent body is constructed of breathable polyester rip-stop. Nylon mesh windows provide ventilation. A 1200mm waterproof PU coating on the Flying Diamond 6's polyester rip-stop rainfly helps to keep moisture from reaching the interior of the tent while integrated fly vents allow air to circulate. The mesh front and rear doors of the tents further enhance airflow and employ zippered storm flaps for weather protection and privacy. All of the Flying Diamond 6's seams are tape-sealed to further protect against the elements.
A custom-fit footprint (sold separately) can be used to further protect the floor of the Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 against moisture, rocks and exposed roots.
- DAC Combi Lightweight Aluminum poles with press fit connectors
- Color coded webbing and buckles make set up easy
- Fly is durable polyester rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Floor is durable polyester with 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is breathable polyester rip stop with nylon mesh windows
- Sleeves and plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame for quick and easy set up
- Tent may be separated into one large room and one smaller room with a stowable partition between rooms
- One half of the partition wall may be attached to the floor using a toggle and loop to allow one side to be stowed for easy access and increased storage space
- Reflective guyline for nighttime visibility
- One large vestibule off main room and one access door off smaller, back room
- Both access doors have vertical zippers with storm flaps which may be staked out as a shade using trekking poles
- 10 mesh interior storage pockets
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC's) tape
- 20 superlight aluminum X stakes included
- Briefcase style carry bag with long shoulder straps and organizational pockets
- Gear loft loops included: Fits 2 Big Agnes Trapezoid Gear Lofts (sold separately)
- Footprint sold separately
Best Use Camping Average Min Weight 18 lb 2 oz Average Packed Weight 19 lb 14 oz Warranty Lifetime Vestibule Area 26.5 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 6 Seasons 4 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Combi Lightweight Aluminum Packed Size 8" x 16" x 27" Other Stuff Sack Included Material Walls: Polyester Rip-Stop with Nylon Mesh windows
Fly: Polyester Rip-Stop w/ 1200mm Waterproof PU Coating
Floor: Polyester w/ 1500mm Waterproof PU Coating
Interior Storage 10 Interior Storage Pockets Interior Height 66" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 150" x 96" (at widest point) Floor Area 90.5 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips and Sleeves
- Best Tent EVER
Likes: I love the 2 entrances, the sturdy poles, the full cover rainfly. The big easy to pack tent bag is AWESOME!
Dislikes: So far I have none. This is the best camping product I have purchased in my 30 years of camping.
- yard tested only
Likes: Easy set up. Seems well made. Footprint a nice option.
Dislikes: Time and real use will tell.
- Awesome tent for car camping
Likes: The tent is really well built. We liked that there are many mesh vents on the tent and the setup is simple enough for one person.
Dislikes: I would have liked the triangular mesh vents to have a zipper cover so that we can zip the vents for better privacy while not using the rain fly.
- Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 is rock!
Likes: Easy to setup, prevented condensation inside of the tent, good looking tent, light weight, better to hold its shape against wind. Very satisfied with my purchase. I will use it for my family camping as many as I can.
Dislikes: Since it prevents condensation by making air flow well, it gets a little cold inside of tent in the morning. You gotta bring good sleeping bags for all of family members.
- Exactly What I Expected
Likes: Extremely Spacious
Full Rain Protection
Built to last
Dislikes: The older model had full screens on the doors this has half.
It takes up a lot of space, so it is sometimes difficult to find a campsite.
Foot print Not Included.
- I upgrade my 3-person tent to this flying diamond 6 tent. The full-cover rain fly is a champ. Two rainy nights without a single drop of water. My daughter loves her personal room while my wife and I can enjoy our privacy. The setup is easy as long as you
Likes: 1. full-cover rain fly 2. two spatial rooms 3. great color combination (red+gray)
Dislikes: The instruction is either out-dated or I got a tent with special "design". The instructions say that the red straps are located near the front entrance but mine actually are right next to the back door. Hope I can show the picture I took. BE did offer to take it back and replace a new one. But it is not a big deal as long as I don't read the instruction.
- Excellent Tent for the Whole Family
Likes: Ample Room for two kids on their own pads, and air mattress for tired mom and dad.
Handled thunderstorm well
Easy Setup & Take Down
Dislikes: Considering the target audience, the pan of the tent could be a bit thin but time will tell.
Likes: Loved ease of use easy to put up. Spacious inside. Love all the storage pockets on the walls.
Dislikes: The stakes could be more heavy duty for rocky terrain
Likes: We have only taken one trip, but so far this tent is great. Setup is easy. Since there is less mesh than other tents, there is some privacy even without the fly. Nevertheless, there is plenty of ventilation, especially with the door panels zipped down. There is plenty of room for our family of four, although we did have to squeeze the tent onto the pad. The tent appears to be very sturdy and weather-proof, although we didn't really get a thorough test. The separate room is a hit with the kids.
Dislikes: Nothing to complain about yet.
Likes: Not too high for a family tent thus responding well to Colorado wind. I love the full fly which should provide great rain protection. The divided rooms are perfect for families with kids or dogs. I expect great things from this tent. The attention to detail are on par with my four season expedition tent.
Dislikes: Nothing to complain of yet.