The Big Agnes Deer Park 30 Degree sleeping bag works well for larger backpackers who find traditional bags restrictive or anyone looking for room to sprawl. Premium 600-fill treated down insulation delivers lightweight, packable performance while the generous semi-rectangular cut provides elbow room and comfort.
The Deer Park 30 Degree bag is insulated with 600-fill DownTek insulation. Down insulation has long been renowned for its compressible properties and efficiency in delivering an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The shortcoming of down has been its susceptibility to the effects of moisture, losing much of its performance qualities when wet or damp. DownTek insulation utilizes nano technology and a proprietary application process to provide water-repellency and both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial protection. A nylon rip-stop shell also features a water repellent treatment and provides lightweight durability.
In a traditional sleeping system, the bag lies on top of a sleeping pad. In this configuration, many people find themselves rolling off the pad at night. Plus, the insulation on the bottom of the bag is compressed by the sleeper's weight. Once compressed, the fill loses most of its insulating properties. The Big Agnes System is different, joining the bag and pad together. The pad slides into a sleeve on the bottom side of the bag, supplying insulation to the bottom of the bag while the top 2/3 of the bag is insulated like a traditional sleeping bag. This design provides a secure foundation so you can roll, twist and turn freely during the night without ever rolling off your pad. It also prevents the bag from twisting and engulfing you in an uncomfortable mess.
NOTE: To deliver on its 30 degree rating, the Deer Park 30 Degree must be used with a 25”-wide rectangular sleeping pad (sold separately). Big Agnes builds a variety of appropriately-sized models and other branded pads with the correct dimensions (25" x 78") will also work.
Other performance features found on the Deer Park 30 Degree bag include baffled construction, a nylon rip-stop shell, a nylon taffeta lining, internal loops for using a bag liner (sold separately), and exterior hanging loops. A fully insulated hood, a no-draft collar, and insulation behind the bag’s dual zippers bolster thermal efficiency. The dual zippers also allow you to effectively vent the bag or unzip it entirely for use as a comforter.
The Big Agnes Deer Park 30 Degree sleeping bag comes in a single, long length (78"). A mesh storage sack and a nylon stuff sack are included.
- Gives a roomy sleeping space without adding bulk
- Design improves usable interior space and bag drapes over body
- Corner hand pockets allow top of bag to be wrapped around shoulders much like a typical bed comforter
- Stretch fabric panels on the side of the pad sleeve accommodate different pad thicknesses
- Double zippers allow entry from either side of bag and when unzipped allows top of bag to be used like a comforter
- Free Range Hood increases ability to lift and move head even when zipped
- Pillow Barn in hood holds camp pillow
- Compartmentalized, horizontal baffled construction prevents down shifting
- One hand hood cinch cordlock is simple and easy to use
- Zipper Garage stores zipper and eliminates Velcro
- Integrated full pad sleeve
- DownTek water repellent down insulation – warm, dry, and eco-friendly
- Rectangular shaped bag
- Liner loops
- Park bags mate easily
- Mesh storage sack and nylon stuff sack
- No-draft collar, wedge and zipper
- Exterior loops for hang drying or storage
- Breathable shell fabric with DWR
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Insulation Type Down Item Weight 3 lbs 13 oz Other Mesh Storage Sack and Nylon Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 10" x 10" Shell Material Nylon ripstop Liner Material Nylon taffeta Fits to Length 6' 6" Fits to Girth 80.5" Fill Material 600 Fill DownTek Temperature Rating 30 Degrees F
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »