No Videos Available
The award-winning Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 4 backpacking/camping tent boasts an impressive interior space-to-weight ratio. The balance of weight and performance is sure to appeal to ounce-counting backpackers who don't want to skimp entirely on creature comforts.
Measuring 86" x 96" and providing a 50" peak height, the Copper Spur UL 4 offers 57 square feet of interior space at a trail weight of only 5 pounds, 5 ounces. These specifications make the Copper Spur UL 4 roomy enough for up to four backpackers and lightweight enough to serve as an extremely spacious 3-person shelter. Dual vestibules offer 27 square feet (13.5 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Eight interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately).
The Copper Spur UL 4's DAC Featherlite NSL & NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated DAC Twist Clips to make setting up the Copper Spur UL 4 fast, easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative DAC H Clip attachment, pulling the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Copper Spur UL 4's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Copper Spur UL 4 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 4 pounds, 4 ounces.
- Features double doors and vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Steep wall construction and cross over pole improve tent interior’s living space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- DAC Featherlite NSL & NFL pole system with lightweight hubs
- DAC H Clip attaches tent body to cross pole
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to the pole frame
- Hub pole design
- 10 Superlight aluminum J stakes
- Eight interior mesh pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Wall gear loft sold separately
Recommended Use Ultra-Lightweight Backpacking Average Min Weight 5 lb 5 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb 12 oz Warranty Lifetime Vestibule Area 13.5 sq ft + 13.5 sq ft (2 vestibules) Sleeping Capacity 4 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Featherlite NSL & NFL Packed Size 8" x 22" Number of Poles 2 Other Stuff Sack Included Material Tent Body: Nylon and Polyester Mesh
Floor: Silicone Treated Nylon Ripstop with 1200mm Waterproof Polyurethane Coating
Interior Storage Interior Storage Mesh Pocket Interior Height 50" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 86" x 96" Floor Area 57 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips