The feature-rich Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 4 backpacking tent boasts an impressive interior space-to-weight ratio. The balance of weight and performance is sure to appeal to ounce-counters who still appreciate comfort.
Measuring 80” x 96” and offering 57 square feet of interior space at a trail weight of only 5 pounds, 1 ounce, the tent offers ample room for 4 hikers or serves as a super spacious shelter for 2 or 3. Dual vestibules offer 28 square feet (14 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Square Gear Loft (sold separately).
The tent’s DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative attachment that pulls the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the vestibules. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles. Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible, superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Copper Spur HV UL 4 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 4 pounds, 3 ounces.
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 4 backpacking tent is available in your choice of color options.
- Based on the features of the best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur ultralight tents, the Copper Spur HV UL design allows for high volume pole architecture resulting in steeper walls without adding weight
- Four-way high volume hub design increases strength by 25% and the useable interior volume by 20% when compared to previous versions of the Copper Spur
- Two doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on the vestibule zippers
- Large dual zipper door with discrete seams allows for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
- Proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon is 25% stronger providing maximum durability
- Two-tone mesh provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- Massive ceiling pocket provides great storage space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices.
- One fly vent
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 5" x 21.5" Average Min Weight 5 lb, 3 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb, 10 oz Interior Height 50" Floor Area 57 sq ft Floor Dimension 96" x 86" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 14 sq ft + 14 sq ft Doors 2 Pole Type DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum Number of Poles 1 Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior mesh pockets and gear loft loops (loft sold separately) Material Body: Double Ripstop Nylon and Polyester Mesh
Floor and Fly: Ripstop Nylon with PU
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- Great tent for 3 or 4 people!
Likes: Lots of room in this backpacking tent for 3 people plus gear. If you're hiking with a crew, get this tent!
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »