The feature-rich Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 1 tent boasts an impressive interior space-to-weight ratio. The balance of weight and performance is sure to appeal to thru-hikers and ounce-counting solo backpackers.
Stretching a full 88" in length, the interior of the tent is 38" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 28" at the feet. With 20 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 2 pounds, 5 ounces, the tent offers ample room for solo hikers. A vestibule offers 9 square feet of additional weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Triangle Gear Loft (sold separately).
The tent’s DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative attachment that pulls the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the vestibule. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles. Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible, superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped door encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Copper Spur HV UL 1 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 1 pounds, 12 ounces.
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 1 backpacking tent is available in your choice of color options.
- Based on the features of the best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur ultralight tents, the Copper Spur HV UL design allows for high volume pole architecture resulting in steeper walls without adding weight
- High volume angle hub increases strength by 25% and the useable interior volume by 20% when compared to previous versions of the Copper Spur
- One door and one vestibule with storm flaps on the vestibule zippers
- Large dual zipper door with discrete seams allows for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
- Proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon is 25% stronger providing maximum durability
- Two-tone mesh provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- Massive ceiling pocket provides great storage space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices.
- One fly vent
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
Best Use Backpacking Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 4" x 16.5" Average Min Weight 2 lb, 2 oz Average Packed Weight 2 lb, 8 oz Interior Height 38" Floor Area 20 sq ft Floor Dimension 88" x 38" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 9 sq ft Doors 1 Pole Type DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum Number of Poles 1 Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior mesh pockets and gear loft loops (loft sold separately) Material Body: Double Ripstop Nylon and Polyester Mesh
Floor and Fly: Ripstop Nylon with PU
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- Well designed and lightweight
Likes: This is a great tent for all types of hiking and would be excellent for a thru-hike. It is a well thought out design by Big Agnes. The high volume interior gives much improved space over the last Copper Spur. It is also very lightweight and has a strong pole structure with several guy out points. It has lots of interior pockets in all the right spaces. In addition to this, it has a very liveable interior with a nice orange fabric which gives a very homely glow to the tent whilst inside. The interior space at the head end is much greater than other competitors tents which makes this a great tent overall.
Dislikes: None really.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »