Combine the impressive space-to-weight ratio of the best-selling Copper Spur Series with an enormous integrated vestibule and you get the Big Agnes Copper Hotel HV UL 3, a lightweight 3-person tent with a built-in gear garage!
Stretching a full 90" in length, the interior of the tent is 70" wide at the head and tapers to a width of 62" at the feet. With 41 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 4 pounds, 3 ounces, the tent offers ample room for 3 or serves as a super spacious shelter for two. One vestibule provides 9 square feet of weather-protected storage space and the second vestibule offers 27 sprawling square feet of protection. Interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for Big Agnes Large Wall, Large Trapezoid, or Triangle Gear Lofts (all sold separately).
The tent’s DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum pole system is lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design over the main body works in conjunction with integrated clips to make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent and connects easily via an innovative attachment that pulls the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the vestibules. An eco-friendly anodizing process is used by DAC to treat the poles without the toxic chemicals traditionally used on aluminum tent poles. Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible, superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding tent.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional protective Copper Spur HV UL 3 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up.
- Unique to most ultralight tent models, the Copper Hotel HV has an extended, pole-supported vestibule with an oversized door for easy entry
- Design features high volume pole architecture resulting in steeper walls without adding weight
- The 4-way high volume hub design increases strength by 25% and the useable interior volume by 20% when compared to previous versions of the Copper Spur
- Features two doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on the vestibule zippers
- Large dual zipper door with discrete seams allows for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
- Proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon is 25% stronger providing maximum durability
- Two-tone mesh provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- Massive ceiling pocket provides great storage space
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- One fly vent
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Easy grip zipper pulls
- 5 interior mesh pockets, 2 media pockets & 10 superlight aluminum J stakes
- Gear loft loops included
- Footprint - sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits the Large Wall, Large Trapezoid and the Triangle gear lofts - sold separately
- Fly and floor are silicone treated proprietary patterned random rip-stop nylon with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Fly and floor feature a unique weave made with a high tenacity yarn and high filament count which increases fabric tear strength by 25%, decreases weight of the material and improves water resistance
- Tent body is Proprietary patterned random rip-stop nylon breathable and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NFL pole system
- Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- 4-way high volume hub pole design
Best Use Backpacking Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 5" x 19.5" Average Min Weight 4 lb, 3 oz Average Packed Weight 4 lb, 9 oz Interior Height 43" Floor Area 41 sq ft Floor Dimension 90" x 70" (at the widest point) Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 27 sq ft Doors 2 Pole Type DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum Number of Poles 3 Freestanding Yes Clips or Sleeves Clips Interior Storage Interior mesh pockets, media pockets, and gear loft loops (gear loft sold separately) Material Body: Ripstop nylon and polyester mesh
Fly and Floor: Silicone-treated rip-stop nylon w/ 1200mm PU coating
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »