The Big Agnes Buffalo Park 40 Degree sleeping bag works well for larger campers who find traditional bags restrictive or anyone looking for room to sprawl. Synthetic insulation delivers reliable mild-weather performance while the generous semi-rectangular cut provides elbow room and comfort.
The Buffalo Park 40 Degree bag’s Thermolite Extra synthetic insulation dries much faster than down and provides warmth even when wet. This is particularly important if you'll be camping in wet weather or humid climates. The exterior shell is constructed of nylon taffeta while a cotton/polyester lining ensures comfort.
In a traditional sleeping system, the bag lies on top of a sleeping pad. In this configuration, many people find themselves rolling off the pad at night. Plus, the insulation on the bottom of the bag is compressed by the sleeper's weight. Once compressed, the fill loses most of its insulating properties. The Big Agnes System is different, joining the bag and pad together. The pad slides into a sleeve on the bottom side of the bag, supplying insulation to the bottom of the bag while the top 2/3 of the bag is insulated like a traditional sleeping bag. This design provides a secure foundation so you can roll, twist and turn freely during the night without ever rolling off your pad. It also prevents the bag from twisting and engulfing you in an uncomfortable mess.
NOTE: To deliver on its 20 degree rating, the Buffalo Park 40 Degree must be used with a 25”-wide rectangular sleeping pad (sold separately) with a 3-season worthy R-value. Big Agnes builds a variety of appropriately-sized models and other branded pads with the correct dimensions (25" x 78") will also work.
Other performance features found on the Buffalo Park 40 Degree bag include internal loops for using a bag liner (sold separately), and exterior hanging loops. Dual zippers also allow you to effectively vent the bag or unzip it entirely for use as a comforter.
The Big Agnes Buffalo Park 40 Degree sleeping bag comes in a single, long length (78"). A nylon stuff sack is included.
- Design improves connection between pad sleeve and bag giving the contour shape a roomier sleeping space without adding bulk
- Design improves useable interior space and bag drapes over body
- Stretch fabric panels on the side of the pad sleeve accommodate different pad thicknesses
- Corner hand pockets allow top of bag to be wrapped around shoulders much like a typical comforter
- Double zippers allow entry from either side of the bag and when unzipped allows top of bag to be used like a comforter
- Free Range Hood increases ability to lift and move head even when zipped
- Pillow Barn in hood holds camp pillow
- One hand hood cinch cordlock is simple and easy to use
- Zipper garage stores zipper and eliminates Velcro
- Integrated full pad sleeve
- Rectangular shape
- Liner loops
- Park bags mate easily
- Nylon stuff sack
- Exterior loops for hang drying or storage
- No-draft collar and wedge
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Insulation Type Synthetic Item Weight 2 lbs 15 oz Other Nylon Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 8" x 10" Shell Material Nylon Taffeta Liner Material Cotton/Polyester Fits to Length 6' 6" Fits to Girth 80.5" Fill Material Thermolite Extra Synthetic Insulation Temperature Rating 40 Degrees F
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »