The Big Agnes Buffalo Park 40 Degree synthetic sleeping bag is an extra-roomy, extra-comfortable bag designed for mild weather car and casual camping. The generous cut of the Buffalo Park 40 Degree fits large campers up to 6' 6" or anyone who wants some extra room to roll around.
Big Agnes bags are not your traditional sleeping bags. Thanks to the Big Agnes System, Big Agnes bags are roomier and more comfortable than regular bags. In a traditional sleeping system, the bag lies on top of a sleeping pad. In this configuration, many people find themselves rolling off the pad at night. Plus, the insulation on the bottom of the bag is compressed by the sleeper's weight. Once compressed, the fill loses most of its insulating properties.
The Big Agnes System is different. Big Agnes joins the bag and pad together. The pad supplies the bottom insulation while the top 2/3 of the bag is insulated like a traditional sleeping bag. This design provides a secure foundation so you stay on the pad all night. You can roll freely, move into a fetal position, twist and turn without ever rolling off your pad. It also prevents the bag from twisting and engulfing you in an uncomfortable mess. Big Agnes uses this concept throughout their entire line of sleeping bags.
Thermolite Quallofill synthetic insulation provides warmth even when wet, making the Buffalo Park 40 Degree ideal for humid climates. Built for mild weather, the Buffalo Park 40 Degree bag saves weight with a hoodless and semi-rectangular design.
The Buffalo Park is designed to be used with the Big Agnes 25" wide rectangular sleeping pads. However, other branded pads with the correct dimensions (25" x 78") will also work.
Available in your choice of left or right side zippers, the Big Agnes Buffalo Park 40 Degree comes in a single, long length (78"). A nylon stuff sack is included.
- Integrated pad sleeve
- Nylon Stuff sack included
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior liner loops for sleeping bag liners
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- 25" width offers extra girth
- 70" YKK #8 zipper. Mates together with other Big Agnes bags with left and right zippers of the same size zipper
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Nylon Rip-stop shell with WR surface treatment to repel water
- Soft, breathable, Cotton/Polyester blended lining with stain resistant finish
- Nylon Rip-stop pad sleeve with WR surface treatment to repel water
- Thermolite Quallofil synthetic insulation
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Insulation Type Synthetic Warranty Lifetime Type Synthetic Temperature Rating 40 Degrees F Shell Material Nylon Ripstop Packed Size 8" x 17.5" Other Stuff sack included Liner Material Cotton/Polyester Blend Item Weight 3 lbs 0 oz Fits to Length 6' 6" Fits to Girth 56" Fill Material Thermolite Quallofil
Likes: Very comfortable sleeping bag. Excellent construction and I love the pocket for my sleeping pad, no more waking up off the pad!
Likes: Large for big people. Light weight and perfect alone for warm nights and paired with a liner would be good for colder nights. Compresses to a nice size in stuff sack.
Dislikes: Very light weight on the bottom which leaves less padding and insulation. Cotton inside is heavier and not as comfortable as nylon substitute.
Likes: I am over 6 feet tall and this bag kept me well covered. it is very comfortable
Dislikes: I wish the bag could be open at the bottom to allow my toes to be outside the bag.