No Videos Available
The Big Agnes Blacktail 3 tent is an excellent balance of livability durability and affordability. This combination makes the Blacktail 3 a great option for 3-season backpacking or camping.
The Blacktail 3 offers a full 90” length with a floor width of 70”. With 44 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 5 pounds 6 ounces the Blacktail 3 can serve as a comfortable home for up to 3 backpackers. Dual vestibules offer 18 square feet (9 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Four interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while two internal media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Included gear loft loops enable the addition of the Big Agnes Large Wall Gear Loft (sold separately).
The Blacktail 3's aluminum poles are lightweight and durable and feature press fit connectors. This press fit pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make setting up the Blacktail 3 fast easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent pulling the tent body taut increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the large D-shaped doors encourage cross ventilation and provide circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1500mm waterproof polyurethane the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the Blacktail 3's seams are seal-taped with waterproof solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
Included with each Big Agnes Blacktail 2 tent are 12 lightweight aluminum hook stakes. If you want to travel lighter leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Blacktail 3 Footprint (sold separately) for a setup that weighs only 4 pounds 1 ounce.
- Two doors and two vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Symmetrical pole structure simplifies set up
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door simple and easy
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Fly is polyester rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1,500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is polyester rip-stop and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOC's)
- Pole system with press fit connectors
- Plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- 12 lightweight aluminum hook stakes
- 4 interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Big Agnes Large Wall gear loft, sold separately
- Compatible with Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and Powercase/Loft, sold separately
Best Use Backpacking Average Min Weight 5 lb 6 oz Average Packed Weight 6 lb Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 9 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type Aluminum Packed Size 6" x 21" Number of Poles 3 Other Stuff Sack Included Material Body: polyester rip-stop and polyester mesh
Floor: polyester with 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
Fly: polyester rip-stop with a 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
Interior Storage Four interior mesh pockets
Two internal media pockets
Interior Height 44" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 90" x 70" Floor Area 44 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips