No Videos Available
Offering an excellent weight-to-space ratio and employing a hybrid single wall/double wall design, the 3-season worthy Big Agnes Angel Springs UL 2 tent is a unique and effective balance of ventilation and weather protection.
With full dimensions of 52" wide (at its widest point) by 90” long, the Angel Springs UL 2 offers 29 square feet of interior space. This provides adequate room for two, but at a trail weight of only 2 pounds, 10 ounces, the tent can also serve as a really spacious solo tent. A vestibule over the single door provides 10 additional square feet of weather-protected external storage space. Five interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Large Wall Gear Loft (sold separately).
The Angel Springs UL 2’s DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum poles are both lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated DAC Twist Clips to make setting up the Angel Springs UL 2 fast, easy and intuitive. A short, connected brow pole helps to pull the tent body taut, increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the vestibule.
Ample mesh on the front and roof of the tent body as well as the D-shaped door encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. The rear wall has an enclosed construction that mirrors single wall tents, provides greater weather protection and enables the Angel Springs UL 2 to shed weight by using less material on the actual rainfly. All of the tent's seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
If you really want to travel light, leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Angel Springs UL 2 Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 1 pound, 14 ounces.
Reflecting an overall commitment to maintaining as light a packed weight as possible, ten superlight aluminum J stakes are included to further secure the freestanding Big Agnes Angel Springs UL 2 tent.
- Single wall section eliminates unnecessary fly fabric to save weight
- One large D-shaped door & one vestibule
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Color coded webbing and buckles make set up easy
- Reflective guyline and webbing at tent corners and suggested anchor points
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door simple and easy
- Fly and Floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop and have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is silicone treated nylon rip-stop and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- DAC NFL pole system with lightweight hubs
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to the pole frame
- Hub pole design
- 11 Superlight aluminum J stakes
- Five interior mesh pockets
- Three internal media pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
Recommended Use Three-Season Backpacking Average Min Weight 2 lbs 9 oz Average Packed Weight 3 lbs 1 oz Warranty Lifetime Vestibule Area 10 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 2 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC NFL Aluminum Packed Size 4.5" x 20" Number of Poles 1 Hubbed Other Stuff Sack Included Material Fly and Floor: Silicone Treated Nylon Rip-stop with a 1200mm Waterproof Polyurethane Coating
Body: Silicone Treated Nylon Rip-stop and Nylon Mesh
Interior Storage Five Interior Mesh Pockets, Three Internal Media Pockets, Gear Loft (sold separately) Interior Height 42" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 90" x 52" (at widest point) Floor Area 29 sq ft Doors 1 Clips or Sleeves Clips
Likes: Very well made product, thoughtful placement of organizing pockets inside for storage & easy to set up.
Dislikes: Wasn't large enough to accommodate 2 adults, Great Pyrenees & backpacks. Thought we could make it work but to be comfortable will require a 3 person tent.