Employing tent pole-like structure, the lightweight and comfortable Alite Designs Monarch Chair utilizes a unique “two leg” concept to keep weight to a minimum (1 lb 3 ounces) while providing performance on even or uneven ground.
Lightweight but durable 7000 series aluminum poles combine with 210D ripstop nylon fabric to safely and comfortably support up to 250 pounds. When set up, the Monarch Chair measures 23” x 21.5” x 17”. When collapsed, it stows inside its dedicated 12” x 4.5” x 4.5” stuff sack.
Available in your choice of colors, each Alite Designs Monarch Chair includes a drawstring closure storage sack. Replacement slings (sold separately) are available to give your chair a fresh look.
- Innovative, 2-legged design for rocking
- Extremely comfortable sling
- Packs down to fit inside your bag, tote or trunk
- Weighs only 1.3 lbs, but can hold up to 250lbs
- Easy to assemble and color coded for simplicity
- Stuff sack included
- Replacement slings available (sold separately)
Best Use Camping, Casual
Real Customer Reviews
- Great for biketouring
Likes: Packs up small enough to put in a backpack or bike pannier.
Comfortable and useful when taking a bike tour break or at a campsite where seating is limited.
Dislikes: Non found.
- Good xhair
- Lightweight chair for backpacking
Likes: Packs down small, lightweight, easy to setup
Dislikes: A little hard to get used to sitting in it
- Great little seat
Great for destination backpacking
- Chair is lightweight and easy to use. It performs better on harder ground compared to soft sand, but was aware of that prior to purchase. I was able to keep dry on the last hike while others got wet sitting on ground. Performs as advertised
Likes: Lightweight, portable, fits in pack well
Dislikes: Can be more unstable on soft ground
- Lightweight comfort
Likes: Much better than sitting on the ground or on a rock while backpacking and only weighs just over a pound. Easy to balance and lean back to chill or sit up to eat. I will soon order another one for my son.
Dislikes: Does not work well sideways on a slope.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »