Employment Opportunities at Backcountry Edge
Looking for an exciting career in the outdoor specialty industry?
Do you enjoy backpacking and helping others make good choices when they purchase backpacking gear? Here’s your chance to join the Awesome Gear, Amazing Service team at Backcountry Edge.
See below for our current job openings.
Backpacking Gear Specialist - Associate Level
Are you an avid outdoor enthusiast who has superb communication skills and experience working with customers? Here’s an exciting opportunity to turn your passion into a career in the outdoor specialty industry by joining the Awesome Gear, Amazing Service team at Backcountry Edge as an associate-level Gear Specialist.
Located in Manheim (Lancaster County) PA, Backcountry Edge is a premium online and catalog retailer specializing in quality backpacking equipment and outdoor apparel. We take great pride in our reputation for providing the best service and information of any online retailer in the outdoor industry.
We’re a small but rapidly growing company looking for talented people who can help sustain our growth. Our culture is casual and easy-going, yet we operate in a precise and professional manner not commonly found in a company our size.
This is a wonderful
opportunity for those re-entering the workforce or those looking to supplement
an income as a key member of a pleasant family owned business.
We have an active social media presence (www.facebook.com/backcountryedge) and a popular YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/backcountryedge) where we post product demonstrations and how-to videos featuring some of our in-house Gear Specialists.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position is a key part of the team and will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our “Amazing Service” reputation. Primary duties will include:
- Assist customers with product selection and provide advice on gear use and care via phone, email and live chat
- Enter customer orders
- Screen website orders for potential fraud and take appropriate follow-up actions
- Provide support for merchandising, purchasing and/or marketing activities
Not all of our Gear Specialists need to be one of our on-camera personalities, but qualified candidates who are interested in potentially adding this dimension to their role will be given the opportunity to screen test during the interview process. We recommend watching the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIhPlqYNl2w to gain more insight into what it’s like to be an on-screen Gear Specialist at Backcountry Edge.
- Expert-level knowledge of backpacking gear and apparel gained either as an avid enthusiast or through retail sales experience
- 1+ years customer service or sales experience
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- 4-year degree highly preferred
Our Manheim (Lancaster County), PA based company is growing rapidly and we’re seeking a talented inventory planner to join our small but motivated team of friendly professionals.
This new position presents an intriguing opportunity for the right candidate. You won’t be slotted into some rigid, predefined set of mind-numbing tasks dictated by corporate headquarters. Instead, your creative side will be challenged to collaborate, experiment, build and develop new tools and techniques for managing inventories in an expanding ecommerce environment. Reporting directly to the Lead Merchant (with dotted line to the company President), you’ll play a vital role in preparing our company for continued growth.
Our culture is casual and easy-going, yet we operate in a precise and professional manner not commonly found in a company our size. You’ll be joining a fantastic team that’s motivated and proud of their accomplishments. And for good reason; Backcountry Edge has a reputation for providing the best service and information of any online retailer in the outdoor industry. We encourage you to check out our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/backcountryedge and our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/backcountryedge to gain better insight into our brand.
As the Inventory Planner, you will be responsible for forecasting future sales and managing inventory levels to support those sales. You’ll manage pricing and promotional schedules, and you’ll need to be relentless in your efforts to reduce excess and slow-moving inventories. Specific duties of this position include but are certainly not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain sales forecasts
- Prepare and maintain inventory purchase plans
- Maintain inventory availability to support sales plans
- Identify and liquidate slow moving and excess inventories
- Collaborate with company president and outside developers to develop/enhance inventory planning software tools
- Maintain product cost, pricing and promotional schedule data
- Manage returns of defective merchandise to suppliers
- Prepare sales and margin performance reports
- Develop reports and Excel templates for other departments
The requirements of this position include:
- 4-year degree in Business, finance or related field
- PC proficiency with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Access or SQL database experience is a plus
- Strong background in data analysis
- 2+ years hands-on forecasting and/or inventory planning experience
- A passion for the outdoors with knowledge of backpacking gear is helpful, but not required
The starting salary range for this position is $40K - $55K.
To Apply for All Open Positions
Send your resume to email@example.com. Your resume MUST include a cover letter that specifies your salary range requirement AND clearly conveys in specific terms why your experience meets the qualifications for this position.
Please, no phone calls.
See our website: http://www.backcountryedge.com
Our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/backcountryedge
Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/backcountryedge