– Keller TX
Likes: Great 3-man backpacking tent and a super value with included footprint and quality tent stakes. We used this ten on a 10-day, 85 mi. trek through Philmont Scout Ranch this past July. Tent stayed dry through a very rainy 10 days including one gully washer downpour. Lots of room to spread out for 2 adults and reasonable pack weight/volume when divided among two. Most of trek this tent was used by 3 teenage boys and was a perfect fit for them too. Less condensation than some of the other tents on our hike, but the one improvement I would suggest would be the addition of a couple of vents to further reduce condensation/improve ventilation.
Dislikes: Lack of vents on rainfly.
– Charlotte NC
Likes: The ease of setup is great. Plenty of room for 2 adults and a small child. It came with a footprint and a gear loft. I also like having a double vestibule and entrance options. It held up well in wind and rain. Look forward to using it for quite some time.
Dislikes: The stakes are on the cheap side and needed to be replaced. Easily bend when pounding them in.
Anonymous Backcountry Edge Customer
Likes: - Efficient rectangular floor plan
- Walls at head/foot extend beyond vertical, providing more interior room
- Comes w/ 10 quality bayonet-type stakes… similar to MSR Groundhogs
- Gear loft AND ground cloth are included
- 10 guy-out points: 2 required (vestibules), 2 on each side-wall (more on these below), 4 on corners
- Side-wall guy-outs: fly attaches to tent on each side-wall… when you guy out the fly at these points, it pulls the tent outward, providing more interior room
- Double zipper on larger vestibule (provides additional ventilation if needed)
- Overall quality is great… gear pockets, reflective tabs, taped seams, anodized aluminum poles, color coded poles / tabs, e
Dislikes: - Installing gear loft reduces head room… This isn’t really the fault of the designers, as any gear loft would reduce head room; I just thought I would mention it
- Rain fly is heavy. Overall, the tent and ground cloth are pretty light… The lion’s share of the tent weight comes from the rain fly. Some would consider this a bonus, as this makes the fly more durable… but if weight is your concern, this is undesirable. Just be sure you are OK with the total tent weight (I am fine with it, but just think the fly weight could be less)
– ponca city OK
Likes: Love this tent. lots of room.
Dislikes: I wish the fly had vents.
– Westminster CO
Likes: considering it's a 3 person tent, it's fantastic. It is a bit bigger to pack for back packing than others, but, again, it's a 3 person tent. I couldn't be happier. The fact that it comes with a fly, gear loft, & footprint is just the icing on the cake.
Dislikes: it's a bit heavy for backpacking but not unmanageable.
– Jacksonville FL
Likes: Easy setup
Sturdy, durable construction
Warm and waterproof
Dislikes: I liked this tent without complaint.